Serve with jalapeno corn muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup catsup
- about 2/3 cup fresh salsa (hot or mild)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed, spin dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips, broken or 2 cups corn tortilla strips
- 1/2 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1For the Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, catsup and salsa in a small bowl. Adjust amounts to taste. Add chopped avocado and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, toss olives, bell pepper, beans. lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber and optional ingredients, if using.
- 3Pour salsa dressing with avocado over salad and toss well.
- 4Add tortilla chips and cheese; toss again or can add to top of individual servings. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Salad
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 18.0 g