1/2 Photos of South of the Border Potato Salad
A potato salad with a Mexican twist. Taken from "The Complete Family Cook Book". I've added some time to the cooking time to boil the potatoes and eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons onions, grated
- 3 tablespoons olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup light cream (or mayo)
- 1In a medium bowl combine potatoes and lettuce; toss.
- 2In a small bowl, combine cheese, onions, olives, chili pepper, eggs, olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard and Tabasco sauce.
- 3Stir until thoroughly blended.
- 4Gradually add cream.
- 5Stir constantly until well blended.
- 6Pour dressing over potato-lettuce mixture.
- 7Toss to coat well.
- 8Cover and chill until serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g