Recipe by jonesies
A potato salad with a Mexican twist. Taken from "The Complete Family Cook Book". I've added some time to the cooking time to boil the potatoes and eggs.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Awesome combination of flavors, textures and colors! I used black olives. I added a little extra onion, too. I opted to use the mayonnaise and garnished with some cilantro. Yummm! This is a great salad for picnics because it's more exciting and has more eye appeal than ordinary potato salad. I'll certainly be making this again. Thanx!
- 3 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons onions, grated
- 3 tablespoons olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup light cream (or mayo)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine potatoes and lettuce; toss.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, onions, olives, chili pepper, eggs, olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add cream.
- Stir constantly until well blended.
- Pour dressing over potato-lettuce mixture.
- Toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until serving.