Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs 30 mins
This is an easy crockpot recipe that makes great sandwiches. The meat can also be used with tortillas.
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, well trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper. In 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker, place roast and onion.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- About 40 minutes before serving, with slotted spoon, remove pork roast and onion from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Discard liquid in slow cooker. With 2 forks, shred pork; return pork and onion to slow cooker.
- In small bowl, stir together the enchilada sauce and taco seasoning mix. Stir mixture into pork and onion in slow cooker.
- Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve mixture with buns.
Finally got around to making this recipe for dinner last night! It was as easy as pie to make and very good. There was nothing we didn't like and would definitely make it again. Makes a good amount so we have some in the freezer for those last-minute meals. Thanks for a great recipe!
Made this today and husband and son enjoyed it in tacos with corn tortillas instead of buns. Thanks
I didn't want the ordinary burgers and dogs for my Memorial Day Dinner.So I began looking through some of the recipes I had in my pork cookbook,and came across this one.And,I'm so glad I did.:)The pork shoulder that I had weighed a little over 5 pounds,so instead of cutting it in half I just used the whole thing.My crockpot runs a little hot,so it was ready to shred in about 6 hours.The instructions were right on the money.For the taco seasoning I used Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Clone/Copycat and combined with the enchilada sauce I used, it gave the whole 5lbs. of pork just the right amount of "bite".I topped it with a little bit of Yes,it's Another Coleslaw Recipe and Baked Beans as a side.Had plenty leftover to freeze for another meal.Thank you for making our Memorial Day Dinner a very nice one.This will be made again,thank you for posting. "Keep Smiling:)"