Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is an easy crockpot recipe that makes great sandwiches. The meat can also be used with tortillas.
Top Review by ckorkow
Finally got around to making this recipe for dinner last night! It was as easy as pie to make and very good. There was nothing we didn't like and would definitely make it again. Makes a good amount so we have some in the freezer for those last-minute meals. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, well trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 12 sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper. In 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker, place roast and onion.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- About 40 minutes before serving, with slotted spoon, remove pork roast and onion from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Discard liquid in slow cooker. With 2 forks, shred pork; return pork and onion to slow cooker.
- In small bowl, stir together the enchilada sauce and taco seasoning mix. Stir mixture into pork and onion in slow cooker.
- Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve mixture with buns.