- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil till tender.
- Stir in Chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in beans, cooked rice, cheese, milk and eggs.
- Spray a 10" pie plate with nonstick coating. Spoon mixture into plate.
- Bake at 350C for 25 minutes or till the centre is set. Let stand 10 minute.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with sweet pepper and serve with salsa.