Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A pasta salad for the noncook. It is easy to prepare. Serve with chorn chips.
Make and share this South of the Border Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 15 1⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Mix pasta with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
Great salad. It was a nice change from the usual pasta salads. Used whole wheat spiral pasta. The family really enjoyed it. I will be making this again as it is also very healthy. Thanks Audrey for sharing this recipe.
A lovely colorful and easy salad to make. I made this as one of three salads for my bbq yesterday and everyone enjoyed it. The salsa gave it extra zip and flavour. I used a Balsamic vinaigrette. It actually makes a good size salad which goes a long way with a crowd. Thanks for the recipe, Audrey.