Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Lovely low-fat pasta with a south-of-the-border kick. Adapted from a foodie website. Posted for ZWT3.
Top Review by Tisme
This recipe is so tasty and so very easy and quick. I did leave out the jalapeno as the family does not like it but added some chopped chives and parsley as well. Everything else was as per recipe, and it was loved and really enjoyed by everyone. I tripled the recipe for a warm side dish to go with dinner and the leftovers were taken to work the next day.... with some cold chopped chicken added, DS and I ate it cold as a salad for lunch and we both really loved it! Thanks Caroline this is really a great recipe.
- 1 cup ziti pasta
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften.
- Add minced jalapeños, cilantro, garlic, green onions chopped, spinach, milk, sour cream, and pinch of salt.
- Mix well.
- Warm over *low heat* while cooking pasta.
- DO NOT BOIL or BURN!
- Cook pasta al dente; drain and let it cool a bit.
- Add to cream cheese sauce and mix well.
- Serve sprinkle with more cilantro, if desired.