Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely low-fat pasta with a south-of-the-border kick. Adapted from a foodie website. Posted for ZWT3.
- 1 cup ziti pasta
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- In a bowl, bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften.
- Add minced jalapeños, cilantro, garlic, green onions chopped, spinach, milk, sour cream, and pinch of salt.
- Mix well.
- Warm over *low heat* while cooking pasta.
- DO NOT BOIL or BURN!
- Cook pasta al dente; drain and let it cool a bit.
- Add to cream cheese sauce and mix well.
- Serve sprinkle with more cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is so tasty and so very easy and quick. I did leave out the jalapeno as the family does not like it but added some chopped chives and parsley as well. Everything else was as per recipe, and it was loved and really enjoyed by everyone. I tripled the recipe for a warm side dish to go with dinner and the leftovers were taken to work the next day.... with some cold chopped chicken added, DS and I ate it cold as a salad for lunch and we both really loved it! Thanks Caroline this is really a great recipe.
YUM YUM YUM!! Another easy and delightful PAC recipe. This was so tasty (and guilt free) - and it grew on me with each spicy bite!!! By the time I got to the bottom of the bowl I was scoping on the portion I saved for my neighbors. :wink: Oh well...it's easy enough to make I can have it again tomorrow. Thanks for posting Caroline, my sweet PAC baby.