Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great party mix with a little zip.
Make and share this South of the Border Party Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup spicy cheese crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot spicy peanuts
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in taco seasoning, worcestershire, hot sauce, sugar, and garlic.
- In large roasting pan, combine cheese crackers, nuts, chow mein noodles, pretzels, cereals, and onions.
- Slowly pour butter mixture over, stirring until pieces are well coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, and store in airtight container.
Whoa, this stuff packs quite a kick. It's hot but it's one of things you can't stop eating. Next time I might tone it down a bit by using less chipotle sauce or regular peanuts and cheese crackers instead of the spicy ones.