Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use the bread center for bread crumbs or something of that nature as you don't use it here. Prep time includes slicing veggies.
- 1 loaf round sourdough loaf
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 6 slices fully cooked chicken breasts
- 3 slices reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce
- Cut bread in half. Scoop out the center.
- Combine yogurt, onion, garlic, mustard and taco seasoning. Spread onto bread.
- Layer chicken, cheese and veggies on the bread. Cut into wedges.
I was a little nervous about serving this to the kids, but they loved the bread bowl idea and ate it all up. We'll have this again.