Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a spin off of my dad's old "goulash" recipe. I've been making this for ages and recently a friend told me I needed to post it on Zaar. So simple, savory and yes satisfying. I added green chilies and some garlic and a secret ingredient ..... shhhh don't tell the family, I used salsa ;) They love it so here it is. *favorite*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground beef (75% to 80% lean)
- 1 -2 dash garlic salt, to taste
- 1 -2 dash onion powder, to taste
- 3 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (4 -4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- warm flour tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Sautee onion and garlic in oil just until fragrant. Push to the side of the skillet and add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in potatoes. Season with garlic salt and onion powder. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and chilies; continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with Flour tortillas!