Recipe by graffeetee
A spicy marinade for lamb. You can serve this sliced with a bean and corn salad on the side, or even wrap the slices in a tortilla with the usual taco or fajita accompaniments. You can sub pureed can chipotles in adobo for the chipotle hot sauce. Bufalo makes a good thick spicy chipotle hot sauce that i usually use in this recipe. Prep time includes marinating time. I do not give a specific grilling time, as this varies so much from grill to grill, and of course how well you like your lamb done.
- 4 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder (such as ancho)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all ingredients except for lamb in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over lamb and let marinate at least overnight in the fridge. Longer is fine, the flavor just soaks into the lamb more.
- Drain lamb and cook on the grill to your desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Allow to sit, covered loosely with foil, about 10 minutes before slicing.