Good by itself, for sandwiches, or wrap in a flour tortilla. For the celery, I use celery hearts. Substitute Miracle Whip for the mayo if you prefer. If you don't like the "bite" of raw onion in your salad,use scallions instead. Prep time doesn't include time for cooking eggs, which varies depending on what method you use.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 small avocados or 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- Combine eggs through onion.
- Whip together the dressing ingredients.
- Stir dressing into egg mixture and refrigerate until served.
Really unique twist on egg salad! We enjoyed this recipe quite a bit. I scaled it back to 1 serving, and it filled two of us up quite well. Thanks for a keeper!
Love this twist on egg salad! I used a little extra cumin and a bit extra red onion, but otherwise stayed with the recipe. The longer it chills, the better it gets. I used black olives as a garnish, but I think they'd also be good mixed right into the salad. Thanx for posting. I'll be making this again.
Wow, this is terrific! I would have never thought of this combination on my own, but I will make it again. The only thing I left out was the onion, just for personal preference and I used jalapenos instead of the mild chiles. I scaled it way back since I was just making it for me, but it was easy enough to adjust the amounts. Thanks for posting this!