1/5 Photos of South of the Border Coffee
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Coffee made Mexican-style. Serve in demitasse cups.Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water. Add brown sugar, chocolate, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- 2Bring to a full boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in coffee or add coffee in a bouquet garni bag for easy removal.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in vanilla extract.
- 5Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth or if using a bouquet garni bag for the coffee, just remove the bag of grounds.
- 6Serve immediately topped with sweetened whip cream and a chocolate curl.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
regular grind coffee