Recipe by Wineaux
This should be made with the cone-shaped raw sugar called piloncillo, but you may substitute dark brown sugar.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was soo good Wineaux. I loved it, great texture and flavor. A nice sweet, rich, deep, dark, smooth, thick, mocha coffee. I really enjoyed the spices and vanilla in this tasty coffee. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to have this again.
- 8 cups water
- 3 small piloncillo cones (panocha)
- 1⁄2 ounce baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup regular grind coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water.
- Add piloncillo, chocolate, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a full boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coffee or add coffee in a bouquet garni bag for easy removal.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth or, better yet, use a bouquet garni bag for the coffee, then just remove the bag of grounds.
- Serve immediately.