Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is adapted from the Central Market in Fort Worth, Texas. Posted for the Summer '09 Comfort Cafe.
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups tequila
- 1⁄3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 8 lemon slices (to garnish)
- In a saucepan, combine the cider, lemon juice and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer and skim it.
- Add the tequila and liqueur and heat over moderate heat, stirring until it is hot.
- Divide the mixture among 8 heated mugs and garnish each drink with a lemon slice.
Very interesting change from other hot cider recipes. After my first sip I thought it might be a little strong for my taste, but subsequent sips were better. I reduced to 1 serving but used 9 oz cider (a little over 1 cup) and just 3 Tbsp tequila. Next time I might reduce the tequila to 2 Tbsp. Thanks for sharing!
What a fun twist on apple cider! I added a little extra apple cider and used Triple Sec. Thanks for sharing!