Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and simple chicken recipe. Simple flavors, but could be spiced up a bit to a persons individual taste with the addition of some mexican spices, chili powder, green chilies, etc.
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g salsa
- 236.59 ml colby or 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté green pepper and chicken in butter or oil until lightly browned (about 5 mins).
- Spread the rice in a greased 9x9 pan.
- Top with peppers and chicken.
- Mix sour cream and salsa and spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minute.
I really liked this one! I had some leftover salsa rice from another recipe, so I used that as the base here, then followed the directions as written except for using red pepper instead of green. Loved every bite, and can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Made for ZWT8
Made for ZWT7 and enjoyed VERY MUCH. I did experience some difficulty getting it out of the pan-but it is SO GOOD.