Recipe by Tornado Ali
Making some potato soup, I realized I only had monterey jack cheese instead of cheddar...so I threw in a little bit of this, a little bit of that...and wow, what a hit!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic (I use a mix of dried garlic and roasted red pepper)
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chilies
- 2 ounces diced pimentos (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in butter in large pot until tender.
- Add potatoes, broth and spices; bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency with a masher or fork; or puree in food processor to desired consistency.
- Stir in milk, and gradually stir in cheese until it is all melted.
- Add corn, chilies, pimentos and salt and pepper until all is hot.
- Can be frozen and heated up in a low crockpot later.