Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick dish with a real kick.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 seeded fresh jalapeno peppers, minced (use rubber gloves)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces uncooked penne or 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- Add the olive oil to a 5 quart nonstick saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with the edge of a spatula, until it has lost its pink color.
- Drain any fat from the pan.
- Add the onions and green pepper, cooking until softened.
- Stir in the jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, sour cream, honey, chili powder and salt.
- Add the pasta.
- Stir, cover, lower the heat and gently simmer until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir every five minutes, to keep the pasta from sticking to the saucepan bottom.