Recipe by PanNan
An easy and family pleasing casserole that's on the table in less than 45 minutes. I serve this with a guacamole salad, or a green salad with slices of avocado.
Top Review by chia
i have made this recipe twice and we just love it for a quick dinner when everyone is on a different schedule, the flavors get stronger as it sits. i made it as written the first time, and used chili i had made the second time, both times it was great, this is easily adaptable and delicious family fare
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional or more to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in half
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease 1 1/2 qrt casserole dish.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add onion and jalapeno (if using) and cook with meat until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Layer one-third of meat mixture, cheese and one half of tortillas in casserole dish; repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- Note: Corn tortillas will soften and absorb the sauce.
- These are recommended.
- Flour tortillas will expand and the casserole will be too doughy-therefore flour tortillas are not recommended.