1/2 Photos of South of the Border Carrot Bisque
Need Help, Can't Cook's Note:
With just a hint of jalapeño, this creamy soup is both elegant and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring carrots to a boil in chicken broth, turn down and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Sauté onion and jalapeño in butter, then add to carrots and broth.
- 3Add milk and spices. If you didn't use low-sodium broth, reduce the salt amount.
- 4Transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Pour back into pan and over medium low heat, add cream a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- 6Cook a few minutes longer, then serve with green onions on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Carrot Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g