1/4 Photos of South of the Border Burgers
This is a very tasty burger! You have to be careful when cooking them - without egg and fill they are delicate. Add whatever other toppings you want. You need good sized buns for these burgers to hold all the condiments
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef, more if you want larger burgers
- 6 tablespoons refried beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and finely chopped (or milder)
- 4 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons hot salsa
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (or other cheese)
- 8 mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, washed and chopped
- 4 slices crisp fried bacon, crumbled
- 4 long Italian rolls (or regular hamburger buns)
- salt & pepper
- 1Divide the hamburger into 4 equal portions and make two patties from each portion (if using Italian buns make the patties oblong to fit the bun) On 4 of the 8 patties put a tbsp of refied beans, sprinkle on some jalapeno pepper and a tbsp of onions, salt& pepper Place the second pattie on top and firmly seal.
- 2Really pat them so they won't fall apart while cooking.
- 3If BBQing I recommend that you use a stir fry pan or use a solid grill to cook them in/on to ensure they do not end up as the fuel for the BBQ.
- 4These burgers are delicate because there is no filler in them.
- 5Or pan fry When the burgers are cooked on one side (apprx 6 minutes) flip and.
- 6add mushrooms, cover with a lid and finish cooking.
- 7Slit the buns and start toasting one side, when browned slightly add cheese and continue heating until the cheese has melted Assemble the Burger, Butter the bun if you wish, put in the bacon& mushrooms then the burger, top with the salsa, avacado& sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South of the Border Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.7
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 150.7 mg
- Sodium 990.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 50.7 g