Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband and I came up with this recipe last time we grilled burgers. It seems like a very simple recipe... but it's amazing in taste!
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices asiago cheese (thick slices)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Mix hamburger, barbeque sauce, and salt and pepper. Form 4 patties.
- Grill the hamburgers. After turning burgers, cover with a slice of asiago cheese and allow to melt. When burgers are almost done, toast buns on the grill. Place burgers on the buns when they are cooked.
- While burgers are grilling, mash avocado, salsa, sour cream, lime and salt together to make guacamole.
- Top each burger with guacamole.