Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
From this week's Thursday magazine. This recipe was submitted by Shuba.
- 1⁄2 kg kingfish or 1⁄2 kg hamour fillets, boneless
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- dried curry leaves, to garnish
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 15 kashmiri chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon anise seed (saunf)
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon methi seeds
- Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Marinate them in turmeric, lime and salt for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast and grind together the Kashmiri chillies, corriander seeds, cumin seeds, aniseeds, cinnamon and methi seeds to obtain a powder.
- Pour oil in a wok.
- Add onions.
- Fry ginger, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add the powder (prepared above) and fish pieces.
- Cook, covered, till the fish is cooked and dry.
- Garnish with curry leaves, slit green chillies and sliced onions.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Delicious dish I'd trd & loved a lot while eating