1 hr 45 mins
From this week's Thursday magazine. This recipe was submitted by Shuba.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg kingfish or 1/2 kg hamour fillets, boneless
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- dried curry leaves, to garnish
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 15 kashmiri chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon anise seed (saunf)
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1Cut the fish into small pieces.
- 2Marinate them in turmeric, lime and salt for 30 minutes.
- 3Dry roast and grind together the Kashmiri chillies, corriander seeds, cumin seeds, aniseeds, cinnamon and methi seeds to obtain a powder.
- 4Pour oil in a wok.
- 5Add onions.
- 6Fry ginger, garlic and tomatoes.
- 7Add the powder (prepared above) and fish pieces.
- 8Cook, covered, till the fish is cooked and dry.
- 9Garnish with curry leaves, slit green chillies and sliced onions.
- 10Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Indian Spicy Awesome Fish Chettinad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: