- 1 cup channa dal (Bengal gram)
- 1⁄2 cup Urad Dal
- 8 large dried red chilies
- 1⁄4 cup coriander seed
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry all ingredients in a small amount of oil (tea spoon) on low heat.
- Watch for the nice aromas.
- Do not let it go too brown or burn.
- Once the fried mixture is luke warm transfer contents to blender and add a tablespoon of salt and grind to a fine powder.
- Store in air tight jar and preferably keep in the refrigerator.
- Add a spoonfull of this to any curry of your choice and let it do the magic!