Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe come for Paula Deen. It is a wonderful and flavorful dip.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Serve with corn chips.
I made a similar dip this past weekend for a baby shower. Most people kind crinkled their noses when they first looked at it but once they tasted it they were surprised at how tasty it was. It is especially good with scoop-style corn chips. I did not add onions or peppers to mine but everything else was the same.
I will say one thing....this is one of the better recipes for this dish that I've run across. Mixed up a batch for Lala's Pampered Chef party last weekend. I would have loved to have posted a pic, but those ladies had cleaned the bowl out by time I got back in there. The pimentos and red bell pepper added a beautiful color and the Italian dressing gave it a nice kick. Thanks Loretta, this one is going into the SAVE stack.