Recipe by nitko
This is usual way of making French Beans along coastal area in Croatia. It is very easy to make and quite tasty to eat. Serve with various meats and potatoes as side dish.
Top Review by Rinshinomori
I love this recipe - very simple but full of flavor coming from beef stock and tomatoes. What intrigued me to this recipe was the addition of beef stock as I've not seen that before and it really works well here. It gives the dish wonderful depth and tomatoes round it out perfectly. I did not cook the beans as long as indicated since I used very thin baby beans. I will be using this recipe often nitko - superb! Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 500 g French beans
- 40 g butter
- 100 g onions (or one small onion)
- 150 g tomatoes (strained tomato juice)
- 1 garlic clove
- 200 ml stock (beef)
- 2 g pepper
- 5 g salt
- 3 g fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the French beans and cut into two or three parts (3-5 cm).
- Sauté finely minced onion on butter until translucent.
- In the meantime put French beans into hot water and cook 5-8 minutes, than remove from water and drain.
- Add French beans into sautéed onion; add tomato juice, very finely minced garlic and parsley. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir and add some beef stock to cover French beans.
- Cook until French beans are soft, or 20-30 minutes adding beef stock if necessary.