- Select three pounds of bony pieces of pork. For each pound of meat use a quart of water and simmer until the meat drops from the bone. Remove the meat from bones carefully being certain to get all the small pieces.
- Bring the remaining broth to boiling point, adding sufficient water to make two cups.
- Slowly add two cups of corn meal and cook until the mixture becomes a thick mush, stirring constantly.
- Chop the meat and put it in the pot; also add salt, pepper and the juice of an onion.
- Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot scrapple into a dampened oblong pan.
- Let stand until cold and firm.
- Slice and brown in hot skillet. If the scrapple is rich with fat, no more fat is required for frying.