Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice mustard based sauce for pork and chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared yellow mustard
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Allow to cool before using.
- Refrigerate leftover sauce in an airtight container.
We first had Mustard BBQ at a wedding reception in Charleston in 1995. This is what I've been trying to make since then! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful sauce :)
Being from Charleston, I am impressed! This is a great recipe! We grilled chicken tonight and this BBQ sauce was fantastic! I made some pasta salad, sliced some delicious home grown tomatoes and added some fresh green beans. It was a great summer time dinner. Thank you John!
Beautiful mustard sauce, I made it with dijon mustard as I had no prepared at home today, and used it in making sloppy joes.... perfect sauce, going to use it on some grilled chicken next