Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- whipped cream
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour,soda,salt and cinnamon,mix well and set aside.
- Combine eggs,sugar and oil,beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed on mixer just until blended (batter will be thick).
- Dredge peaches and pecans in remaning flour gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe wasn't hard to make, however I did not like the results. The cake seemed flat - as if it didn't have enough flour. I was disappointed in the final results, and would not recommend this recipe.