Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. This recipe was submitted to Taste of Home by a South Carolina reader. I added some cinnamon - and it is a good cobbler recipe, but I'm sure it was the fresh GEORGIA peaches that make it so good! :)
Top Review by Oldman437
I first tasted this style of cobbler when I moved here to SC. Intrigued, I found this easy recipe on this site when it was called "Recipezaar", and have been making it to take to parties and potlucks ever since. It brings back memories for a lot of the people, who are surprised that someone born in Cleveland makes it. It's especially good when you use Carolina peaches.
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 4 cups frozen peaches, thawed, sliced & peeled
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, gently toss peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and extract; set aside.
- Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth.
- Pour evenly over butter (do not stir).
- Top with peach mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.