Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't you always have one neighbor, who has the best recipes? What a blessing those recipes are to our families during the joyful holiday seasons! These are amazing cookies, that my neighbor and friend, Faye, made and shared with us in Aiken, SC! Even people who hated fruitcake will love these. I know, because I was one of them!! These are TDF!!! Thanks again, Faye, if you are seeing this, please email me via Zaar!
- 7 cups pecan halves
- 6 slices candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup candied red cherries, chopped
- 1 cup candied green cherries, chopped
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb white raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Sift flour, soda, and cinnamom together and add alternately with milk.
- Add sherry, nuts, and fruits.
- Drop by teaspoon on well-greased cookie sheets and bake 20 minutes at 300 degrees.
- (Works better if you use your hands, instead of dropping by teaspoons If you use whole recipe, plan on baking about 4 hours--makes many, many cookies. I didn't make them this past Christmas and have never written down the exact number these make. Guessing here and also, the preparation is based on shaping many cookie sheets of these. When I bake them again, I'll edit with the details!).