Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Woman's Day magazine June 2009
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt free chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 4 lbs bone in pork shoulder
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 24 dinner rolls, split
- Mix 1 tbsp of the brown sugar, paprika, minced onion, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and allspice. Sprinkle 1 tbsp on this mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker, with the remaining being rubbed all over the pork roast. Add vinegar and remaining brown sugar tot he slower cooker and stir to mix. Then add the pork roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is fork tender. Remove pork to cutting board and shred. Return the shredded pork back to the crock pot and add in the scallions. Mix thoroughly.
- Place 1/4 cup of BBQ on each dinner roll and serve.
Made for Thanksgiving. This was served as part of the dinner. Used leftovers as sandwiches. Will make again. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3-Chefs.