1/3 Photos of South by Southwest Burger
This is a lighter take on a classic Southern Burger. Yummy pimento cheese with a kick tops a healthy turkey burger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light mayonnaise (more or less depending on your preference of consistency)
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) canned pimiento
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Splenda granular, to taste
- 1Add all of the pimento cheese ingredients together. This can be made several days in advance. Leftover cheese can be made into sandwiches or frozen for later use.
- 2Divide the turkey meat into 4 burgers. Mix the Seven Spices together and press into each burger. Drizzle olive oil onto burgers and grill until well done (you don't want to eat turkey meat undercooked).
- 3While burgers are still on grill, pile pimento cheese on top until melted. Place on bun when ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South by Southwest Burger
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.4
- Calories from Fat 520
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.1 mg
- Sodium 1406.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 58.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns