1/1 Photo of South Beach Thai Shrimp Soup With Lime and Cilantro
Appropriate for Phase I. In later phases, you can add cooked soba noodles. Substitute chopped scallions if you don't like cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1Heat oil in a large pot.
- 2Add ginger and onion.
- 3Cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add broth and red pepper flakes and bring to a low boil.
- 5Add cabbage and cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp, lime zest and lime juice.
- 7Cook just until shrimp turns pink.
- 8Serve hot sprinkled with cilantro or scallions.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Thai Shrimp Soup With Lime and Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 1761.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: