Recipe by The Saucy Cajun
Phase 1. In effort to search for new alternative meals on this diet, this is a creation that is so delicious you may never go back to your favorite Mexican joint again.
- 1 lb ground turkey (93/7 recomended)
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
taco seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Condiments of your choice
- chopped onion, and
- chopped cilantro
- shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese
- light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix to combine spices for the taco seasoning. Heat skillet on medium heat and add oil. Add turkey and cook over medium to medium high heat while breaking up the meat with a spatula. After 3-4 minutes add chopped garlic and taco seasoning.
- Continue to cook until turkey is done.
- Usually you will want to use half the taco seasoning from the above recipe and save the remaining for another taco night. For stronger taco flavor use more seasoning.
- To prepare tacos, use leaf lettuce as a taco shell and add condiments as you choose.