Recipe by Abiner Smoothie
From the Summer Cookbook.
Top Review by HeatherN
I really enjoyed this soup. I had to use lemon juice on the avocado because I didn't have any limes. I also doubled the amount of chicken broth because it didn't seem like quite enough liquid . Maybe my veggies were too big or something. I served with shredded cheddar cheese on top and it tasted fantastic! Yummy!
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together avocado, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil over medium-high in a large saucepan. Add vegetables, chili powder, chiles and cumin. Cook until vegetables are soft for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, beans and tomatoes then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and remaining salt. Simmer until chicken is cooked through (7 minutes).
- Top with avocado.