Recipe by Chef DRAN
I tried the South Beach pancakes and am now determined to come up with a crepe/tortilla that I can use to roll my lunch meat and lettuce, etc. in for lunch. Tried it out today - I like it so far. Please try this out when you can and let me know what you think!
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- herbs (I used Tastefully Simple's Spinach and Herb mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients with a submersion blender or in a blender (this helps break down the grainy bits of ricotta.
- Heat a non-stick 8" skillet over medium-low heat (I used Calphalon's crepe pan).
- Spray with Pam.
- Pour 1/4 of the mix into skillet - turn pan until coated.
- Cover for 2 minutes (this helps to set the top a bit and makes flipping easier).
- Check crepe to see if bottom is browned.
- Flip when slightly brown.
- cook another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Move to a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat and into a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake another 5 - 10 minutes move to a cooling rack - cool completely.
- These make a nice roll up - but don't fill too much - they'll break!