1/5 Photos of " South Beach" Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is a recipe I made up when I was in Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. My kids have begun to request it for supper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bell peppers
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 stalk celery, chopped with top
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spike seasoning (for zest)
- 28 ounces ground peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Wash the peppers, cut the tops off, and place in oiled glass dish.
- 2Cover and microwave the peppers for 5 minutes.
- 3Saute the veggies and ground turkey with a dollop of olive oil. (I chop up the usable remainders of the pepper tops as well).
- 4Add the tomatoes and seasonings. Cook for 3-4 minutes to evaporate some of the liquid.
- 5Stuff the peppers and top with cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cheese is toasted.
- 7Add Ins: you could add cooked rice or stir in extra cheese to the mixture before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " South Beach" Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: