Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from South Beach Daily Diet Dish. This warm baked fruit dessert topped with fresh ricotta requires little effort. It's the perfect treat for the Fourth of July, with colors that aptly suit America's birthday bash theme. Why not celebrate this Fourth of July with the freedom to enjoy dessert? To cap off an Independence Day meal filled with chilled salads, sides, and grilled favorites, try a bowl of this colorful dessert from The South Beach Diet® Taste of Summer Cookbook. The Taste of Summer Cookbook is designed to help keep you on the Beach during the summer season (and year-round!) with 150 all-new recipes perfect for your favorite warm-weather events. This cookbook — the latest from Dr. Arthur Agatston, leading cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet® — is inspired by the season's bounty of fresh foods, but there are also tips for enjoying these delicious recipes as part of your fun and healthy eating plan all year long. Strawberries and blueberries give this patriotic sweet treat lots of antioxidant pop. And with only 100 calories per generous serving, let freedom ring!
- 1⁄4 cup whole almond, plus
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon trans-fat free margarine
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a blender or spice grinder, grind whole almonds until finely ground. In a small bowl, combine ground almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add margarine and stir to combine.
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place strawberries, blueberries, and sugar substitute in the dish; toss to combine. Dot with ground nut mixture (it will not cover entire surface) and then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until topping is golden and fruit is hot. Divide fruit among 6 dessert bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of ricotta.