Recipe by TheDancingCook
This main meat dish is so flavorful and delicious; you can serve this to your family or dinner guests who won't guess that they are eating a recipe out of a "diet" cookbook. This recipe can be eaten during Phase 1 of the diet. Recipe courtesy of the South Beach Diet Cookbook.
Top Review by grneyedmustang
This was quite good. I'll definitely be making this one again. I used sirloin steak - it's all I had, and I substituted green onions for the chives. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 4 (3 ounce) beef tenderloin, about
- 5 tablespoons trans free margarine, i use smart balance
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- fresh chives (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each 3 oz piece of tenderloin between wax paper and pound with a mallet until the steak is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Pat meat with paper towel to dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 Tbsp of the margarine and cook meat on medium to high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat from skillet onto a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of margarine and saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until veggies are semi-soft.
- Add the mustard powder and Worcestershire, mixing well.
- Add the meat to skillet and cook until meat is done to your liking.
- Remove the meat and keep warm; combine lemon juice and parsley in the skillet and cook until warmed.
- Pour sauce over the meat and garnish with chives; serve.