Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in the "South Beach Diet Book".. even if you're not dieting... it's great. Just substitute real sour cream for the fat-free for a to die for experience. It's quick, simple and uses on hand ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in the lemon juice, capers and lemon-pepper seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and cook for 5 minutes or until heated though.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is just opaque.
- Serve with the sauce.
Fantastic salmon recipe. I loved the sauce, we used low-fat sour cream. I baked the salmon along with some scallops, and the sauce was great with both kinds of seafood. Thanks for sharing, made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game.
This is a great sauce recipe for salmon - very tasty!
I'm sorry to post such a negative review but the sauce was nearly inedible. I omitted the lemon pepper seasoning and added some butter and cream to dilute the sauce a bit but the lemon flavour was overwhelming. The sauce was quite acidic. I think a mere tablespoon of the lemon juice would have been much better.