Recipe by sweetan811
Perfect recipe for those needing breaded chicken. It has been the one thing I'v being craving since starting the diet...so I got creative. It may sound a little odd at first, but the outcome is crunchy, moist, flavorful, and tasty chicken. Really very good recipe! (tip - use thin cut chicken breasts, they cook faster and are uniform size.)
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I took some liberty with it, as it was all unmeasured. I didn't measure anything! Used ground almonds and sunflower seeds, a little rice flour and the flax seeds. Then I baked (the nuggest) in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Turned out yummy. Thanks. UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 7-27-09.
- 2 chicken breasts (or more)
- ground flax seeds
- chicken seasoning (such as montreal seasoning, or your own creation of flavors)
- 1 egg
- crushed pecans (optional)
- olive oil or canola oil
- light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the egg in a bowl and scramble it.
- Cut/trim the chicken and place in the egg mixture.
- Combine ground flax seed, the chicken seasoning and pecans(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While the oil is heating, take the peices of chicken and dip them in the dry mixture.
- Place these "breaded" peices into the hot oil and cook both sides.
- Drain peices on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Meanwhile, combine some sour cream and mustard to make a dipping sauce.
- Enjoy! (good hot, or as left-overs).