Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect recipe for those needing breaded chicken. It has been the one thing I'v being craving since starting the diet...so I got creative. It may sound a little odd at first, but the outcome is crunchy, moist, flavorful, and tasty chicken. Really very good recipe! (tip - use thin cut chicken breasts, they cook faster and are uniform size.)
- Place the egg in a bowl and scramble it.
- Cut/trim the chicken and place in the egg mixture.
- Combine ground flax seed, the chicken seasoning and pecans(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While the oil is heating, take the peices of chicken and dip them in the dry mixture.
- Place these "breaded" peices into the hot oil and cook both sides.
- Drain peices on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Meanwhile, combine some sour cream and mustard to make a dipping sauce.
- Enjoy! (good hot, or as left-overs).
I took some liberty with it, as it was all unmeasured. I didn't measure anything! Used ground almonds and sunflower seeds, a little rice flour and the flax seeds. Then I baked (the nuggest) in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Turned out yummy. Thanks. UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 7-27-09.
UPDATE: Can bake in the oven instead of frying. Turns out crispy (not as crispy when done in oil but A LOT healthier) This was EXCELLENT! I added some Parmesan-garlic blend to the Flax seed and it was a great tasting "breading". My boyfriend loved this dish and he hates anything semi healthy. It tasted like real fried chicken. I also cut them up into nugget sized pieces. Dipping sauce was also very tasty. Served with broccoli.
My husband and I have been on SB for a week and craved take out. This was perfect! Crispy and moist. My kids loved it. Definitely a keeper.