Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect recipe for those needing breaded chicken. It has been the one thing I'v being craving since starting the diet...so I got creative. It may sound a little odd at first, but the outcome is crunchy, moist, flavorful, and tasty chicken. Really very good recipe! (tip - use thin cut chicken breasts, they cook faster and are uniform size.)
- Place the egg in a bowl and scramble it.
- Cut/trim the chicken and place in the egg mixture.
- Combine ground flax seed, the chicken seasoning and pecans(optional).
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While the oil is heating, take the peices of chicken and dip them in the dry mixture.
- Place these "breaded" peices into the hot oil and cook both sides.
- Drain peices on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Meanwhile, combine some sour cream and mustard to make a dipping sauce.
- Enjoy! (good hot, or as left-overs).
I took some liberty with it, as it was all unmeasured. I didn't measure anything! Used ground almonds and sunflower seeds, a little rice flour and the flax seeds. Then I baked (the nuggest) in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Turned out yummy. Thanks. UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 7-27-09.
UPDATE: Can bake in the oven instead of frying. Turns out crispy (not as crispy when done in oil but A LOT healthier) This was EXCELLENT! I added some Parmesan-garlic blend to the Flax seed and it was a great tasting "breading". My boyfriend loved this dish and he hates anything semi healthy. It tasted like real fried chicken. I also cut them up into nugget sized pieces. Dipping sauce was also very tasty. Served with broccoli.
My husband and I have been on SB for a week and craved take out. This was perfect! Crispy and moist. My kids loved it. Definitely a keeper.