Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have a huge craving for pancakes in the morning and when you're "beaching" it they are totally out. I found this on a chat site and tweaked it a bit. It sounds odd until you try it.
- Add all ingredients together and mix well using a hand blender or regular blender.
- Spray an 8" or 10" skillet with nonstick and heat over med-low heat. Pour half of the batter into skillet and cover with lid until the pancake top is set (3-4 min.). Flip gently and cook other side another minute.
- Turn out on a plate and repeat with the other half of batter, making sure to re-spray the pan.
- Serve with sugar-free syrup.
- This is easily changed to make a savory instead of sweet pancake. Just by changing a few spices and serve them with salsa or other toppings to suit your taste can make this an anytime meal.
These are like french toast without the toast. Not bad but next time I will definatly leave out the nutmeg. Kind of nice having something different other than eggs!
These weren't bad, but weren't exactly good either. The texture was strange and they tasted like French toast more than a pancake. It was nice to eat something that at least looked like a pancake though after a week of eating eggs for breakfast.
We tried this on our first weekend on the SBD because we were missing pancakes soooo much (usual weekend breakfast). We made 2 double batches for 2 of us! Much more like a pancake than I thought we'd get. I used half ricotta and half cottage cheese in each batch and liked the texture (I really don't like the texture of ricotta so I was worried about it alone & I wanted to use it up!)
Thank you for a great recipe