1/6 Photos of South Beach Muffin
An individual muffin that you can whip up fresh and hot for breakfast. No flour or sugar and only 3 net carbs!!! Plus 7 grams of fiber. This little beauty is based on a recipe yogi told me about in the low carb forum. I have tweaked it to not use butter and to be a bit lighter in texture than the original. This recipe is suitable for phase 1 of the South Beach diet (the 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds count as the portion of nuts allowed per day). I find these are very filling and prevent me from feeling starving all morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a microwave safe ramekin or bowl with cooking spray (or use a muffin liner).
- 2Mix the egg and splenda until well combined (I use a fork), add the yogurt and blend well.
- 3Mix in the ground flaxseed, cinnamon and baking powder until well combined.
- 4Pour in ramekin and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (note the ramekin should be no more than half full since these do rise a lot, if it is too small they will overflow).
- 5These taste best served hot.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Muffin
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.2 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g