An individual muffin that you can whip up fresh and hot for breakfast. No flour or sugar and only 3 net carbs!!! Plus 7 grams of fiber. This little beauty is based on a recipe yogi told me about in the low carb forum. I have tweaked it to not use butter and to be a bit lighter in texture than the original. This recipe is suitable for phase 1 of the South Beach diet (the 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds count as the portion of nuts allowed per day). I find these are very filling and prevent me from feeling starving all morning.
- Spray a microwave safe ramekin or bowl with cooking spray (or use a muffin liner).
- Mix the egg and splenda until well combined (I use a fork), add the yogurt and blend well.
- Mix in the ground flaxseed, cinnamon and baking powder until well combined.
- Pour in ramekin and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (note the ramekin should be no more than half full since these do rise a lot, if it is too small they will overflow).
- These taste best served hot.