Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
South Beach Phase 1
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 ounces beef sirloin or 6 ounces top round beef or 6 ounces beef eye round or 6 ounces london broil beef
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, wine, garlic, parsley, oregano, bay leaf, and pepper. Place the steak in a deep bowl and pour on the marinade. Turn once to coat both sides, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat the broiler or prepare a charcoal grill. Discard the marinade and bay leaf. Broil the meat for about 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees F (for Medium-rare).
- Cut the meat into thin, diagonal slices across the grain. Serve warm or cold.
made this recipe and the whole family loved it! we will cook it again. maybe use a better cut of meat, but this was delicious and inexpensive.
Used this recipe twice while in phase 1. Very good!