Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another newsletter recipe. This is a Phase 1 recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Keeps covered in the refrigerator for 1 week.
I love this recipe! Goes great on anything you'd put ketchup on, but it has a rich flavor and thick consistency that to me makes it closer to a bbq sauce than ketchup. Very good though!