Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
South Beach Phase 1
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons cucumbers, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 large garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (use a vegetarian version if making this vegetarian or vegan)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
My husband really likes this as a hot soup. Just nuke a bowl full.
Love this simple recipe! I quadruple it and make it every summer. After I've combined all the ingredients, I throw it all in the blender for a smoother (more traditional) consistency.