Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I grew up eating salmon patties with corn meal, flour and egg as a binder. When I started the South Beach Diet I needed a cheap high protein meal without the cornmeal and flour.
- 15 ounces canned salmon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 finely diced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, crumble the canned salmon and if you prefer remove the skin and bones.
- Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Add the spices to the mixture and mix again.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over a med high heat.
- Finally, add egg to mixture and mix well until the whole mixture is moist and sticks together when pressed.
- form the mixture into 3" patties about 1/2" thick.
- Place patties in heated skillet and cook until a brown crust forms, then flip and cook until the other side is brown (3-5 minutes per side).
- Makes 5 - 6 patties.