Chef #1056339's Note:
I grew up eating salmon patties with corn meal, flour and egg as a binder. When I started the South Beach Diet I needed a cheap high protein meal without the cornmeal and flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, crumble the canned salmon and if you prefer remove the skin and bones.
- 2Add the vegetables and mix well.
- 3Add the spices to the mixture and mix again.
- 4Heat olive oil in a skillet over a med high heat.
- 5Finally, add egg to mixture and mix well until the whole mixture is moist and sticks together when pressed.
- 6form the mixture into 3" patties about 1/2" thick.
- 7Place patties in heated skillet and cook until a brown crust forms, then flip and cook until the other side is brown (3-5 minutes per side).
- 8Makes 5 - 6 patties.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Friendly Salmon Patties
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 590.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g