Recipe by dojemi
Aside from the Feautatoes on the South Beach Diet, this is a great alternative. I originally posted this recipe without the addition of the spinach but once I tried it I just had to add it to the recipe. Amount of spinach is optional, however, I found a full bag to be perfect.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Stir to combine flavors.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Optional: Spinach can be added if desired. Place the fresh spinach on top of the cauliflower once it is browned to you liking. When spinach is wilted, stir to combine. Or, cook spinach separately and add to browned cauliflower, and combine.