Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Aside from the Feautatoes on the South Beach Diet, this is a great alternative. I originally posted this recipe without the addition of the spinach but once I tried it I just had to add it to the recipe. Amount of spinach is optional, however, I found a full bag to be perfect.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Break cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Stir to combine flavors.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Optional: Spinach can be added if desired. Place the fresh spinach on top of the cauliflower once it is browned to you liking. When spinach is wilted, stir to combine. Or, cook spinach separately and add to browned cauliflower, and combine.
Great combination! Even DH ate this and he hates veggies. It was a little soggy the next day, but most of it was gone the first day anyway. Thanks.
This was awesome! I didn't even know I liked cauliflower before I started this diet. Great recipe...I also added fresh ground pepper and ground sea salt.
Excellent. Cauliflower turned out tender crisp. I did however,use dried chipotle peppers, and sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.